It’s almost Valentine's, and for the occasion, I wanted to share this makeup look with you. It’s a little purple and pink fantasy. Just a little disclaimer – I am by no means a makeup artist. I just find it quite
fun to do makeup occasionally and not look like a potato. Anyways, I will go through the makeup steps with you guys x
In terms of Valentine's Day, remember that you don’t have to have a lover to have fun on the day. Take care of yourself, and don’t succumb to loneliness. If you start feeling horrible, stop checking social media and take yourself out as a treat – you deserve it. Everything on social media is exaggerated, the same as Valentine's Day. Do whatever you want to do. Celebrate it or have an ordinary day.
Just make sure you get yourself to the supermarket the next day for discounted chocolate (just saying 💗)
1. Apply an eyeshadow base of choice on your eyelids and a little bit on the bottom (I used the orginal Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay).
2. Apply a purple eyeshadow all over the lid, don’t worry if it’s messy – you will blend it out. I used High Pigment Wet and Dry eyeshadow by KIKO
3. Then using a red eyeshadow (NYX Hot Singles eyeshadow in the shade Bad Seed) start to blend out the purple with a blending brush. Put some red in the crease as well to deepen the look.
4. Using a lighter pink shade, blend out the edges of the eyeshadow (for this I used Love Conquers All Palette by Revolution, it’s discontinued unfortunately, but you can still get it from Amazon or Ebay. Although I’m not 100% sure whether it’s going to be genuine.)
5. Repeat the same steps on the lower lash line.
6. Using a concealer, cut the crease in the middle (for a spot light effect) set the concealer with some powder.
7. Apply a white shimmer shade in the middle of the eye, using your finger for maximum intensity (I used the Love Conquers All palette again but you can use whatever white shimmer you can find) I also put a little bit of pink shimmer on top from the same palette.
8. Blend out the cut crease with a little bit of purple, so it doesn’t look like an awkward block!
9. Apply some mascara. I used Perversion by Urban Decay.
10. Sort out your eyebrows! For mine, I used the Brow Magician by Eylure. It’s a two in one product, with a diamond-shaped pencil on one end and a tinted eyebrow gel on another end. Genius!
1. Moisturise your face and then apply your base. I used City Radiance Foundation by Bourjois, it’s got SPF 30, bonus points!
2. Apply concealer wherever you need it! I used my trusty Naked Skin by Urban Decay
3. Set everything with some powder.
4. Apply some nice shimmery blush all over your face! It’s Valentines after all 😉 I used this blush by Pixi. I can't find the exact blush online, but this palette has some similar shades
5. Then last but not least, cover yourself in some pink highlighter! I used the heart highlighter from the Love Conquers All palette. Makeup Revolution has plenty of pink highlighters - like this one.
1. For the lips I used Studded Kiss Lipstick in the shade Lovecraft by Kat Von D.
Here’s the final look!
I hope you enjoyed this, do let me know if you decide to recreate this look. You can tweet me with your recreations, I would love to see them (@laustworld). Have a wonderful day!